Goals for Guardians of the Everglades
WHAT IS GOE?
- multimedia exhibition using fine art to reach peoples’ emotions and to show the Power of Leadership in Everglades conservation;
- documentary which weaves the stories of each guardian working against ignorance, indifference and greed to preserve the Everglades ecosystem;
- book which showcases the art and the stories of the Guardians and the artists.
WHO ARE THE GUARDIANS?
- Eleven living men and women who have continuously worked to protect the Everglades;
- Ed Carlson described it best: “What makes the guardian project unique is that these are really the Guardians’ Guardians. Selected by guardians themselves. Not by some politically correct committee. Insiders who have been there. There is a 'genuine’ factor at work here that is unique.”
HOW DO WE COMMUNICATE?
- life size classical portraiture - contemporary themes in Old Masters style;
- interactive video interviews of each Guardian & of the artists;
- written narratives, and
- photography presented to show the fragility of endangered species & habitats.
WHAT IS OUR OBJECTIVE?
- Benefactor/s (individual or family foundation; buy, name, donate), or;
- Angel/s (individual or consortium expecting to guide and get ROI) or;
- Underwriter, (corporation expecting publicity), or;
- non-profit (to name and incorporate into their mission);
- financially support the completion of the exhibition (portraits, interviews edited for exhibit, screens, presentations structure, narrative panels);
- purchase it from the artists, then;
- secure a permanent venue to donate the exhibition to such as:
Perez in Miami
Norton in Palm Beach
Artis-Naples (Baker Museum)
A Florida Business School
Von Liebig Museum of Art
Ft. Lauderdale Museum of Art
HOW TO HELP?
- Secure objectives as above;
- Secure TED Talk - Featuring the emotional connection through art to the power of leadership. Focus on everyone having the power of being a leader, a Guardian, the old Power of One concept applied through art to conservation.
- Exhibit - Production costs $350,000 already supported by artists; $250,000 more needed to finish;
- Exhibit - to buy from artists $1,250,000 and donate;
- Documentary - Full length feature $1mm including distribution; Other lengths and formats priced accordingly;
- Book - $85,000 art edition produced, including distribution.